Dear Museum-L Listers,

I am a volunteer at a local flight museum that is located on a WWII Army airfield, and we are very interested in preserving the integrity of the airfield. The problem we are currently facing is a Port that shows no interest or care for the history for what is now a commercial airport. Our goal is to get the Army airfield on the National Register of Historic Places, but in spite of the fact that this has been recommended to the Port they refuse to listen to what we have to say. The airfield is an important part of our local and national history, and we only was to record what is left of it. Has anyone dealt with similar issues? We're running out of ideas.

Ashley Zuckerberg
Flight Museum Volunteer