What about a scratch and sniff card?

Laurie Baty
Deputy Director
National Capital Radio & Television
Muse

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 20, 2012, at 5:44 PM, David Harvey <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I agree about allergies and also as a conservator I would be very careful about any scent oils or solutions that are in a diffuser or heated that would aerosol - as tiny micro-droplets would spray onto nearby objects and surfaces. Real candles would be worse because then you are putting out fine soot everywhere not to mention the fire hazard in a public place.

There are some scents used for exhibitions because I've seen postings about them. But always check to see that they are safe for both people and the collections first.

Cheers!
Dave

David Harvey
Senior Conservator & Museum Consultant