List members have the option of receiving a digest version.  I think that is what you are suggesting.  I prefer to receive individual posts myself.  I don't always check in daily and sometimes fall behind a week or more.  By receiving individual posts I can sort the messages and read only those that are relevant to my work and interest.

Jerrie

Jerrie Clarke
Director
Sheldon Museum
PO Box 269
Haines, AK 99827
(907) 766-2366
fax: (907) 766-2368
www.sheldonmuseum.org
From: "Stump, Mary Mikel" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2012 6:46 AM
Subject: Re: Suggestion for MuseumL postings

I would concur with this!

From: Wendy Forrester <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 09:05:31 -0500
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Suggestion for MuseumL postings

I am forwarding a sample of a listserve I receive for local events in my
area as a suggestion that the editor combine announcements/letters, etc
into one email to be sent daily rather than many. As you can see what
follows are instructions, a table of contents where one can click on the
item they wish to read and then the linked opportunity to:

 Reply to sender
 Reply to list
  Back to top

Presenting the museum listserve is this format would be much more efficient
with respect to the reader's time and/or response to those posting.

Please consider rewriting the format as sent below.

Many thanks for your consideration!

LISTSERVE SAMPLE of table of contents -although link is not formatted in the "forwarding" of this listserve each entry is linked to scroll down to for the reader's choice based on subject heading of the entry.

 *uppervalley digest -- Fri, 14 Sep 2012*

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

   1. [Upper Valley] Norwich Farmer's Market - 35 year
Celebration<#139c50bb020b48bf_139c4745b9c92596_N1>- NFM - Steve
Hoffman <[log in to unmask]>
   --
BEGIN DIGEST:

 *1. [Upper Valley] Norwich Farmer's Market - 35 year Celebration*
From: NFM - Steve Hoffman <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 07:22:26 -0400

Norwich Farmer's Market - 35 year Celebration

Where were you 35 years ago?

Join us this Saturday, September 15 for a celebration of our 35th year.
We'll have live animals (goats, chickens, piglets, and ducks) and raffle
drawings throughout the day. Every purchase will earn you a ticket to enter
into a drawing so visit as many vendors as you can to increase your odds of
winning. We'll have over 20 prizes to give away.  --  Come early, we'll
start drawing at 9:30 and every half hour after that.

We just planted a ceremonial Red Maple near the gazebo to commemorate our
35 years as your local farmers market. It will provide shade in the summer
and glorious red color for many generations of folks who come to market.

As always, we'll be there from 9-1 with over 50 vendors and entertainment
from Green Room. Hope to see you there this Saturday and for many years to
come.

And remember -- We're at our Rt. 5 site (1.5 miles South of Norwich) every
Saturday through the end of October.

Steve Hoffman - Manager
Norwich Farmer's Market
(802) 384-7447  cell
http://www.norwichfarmersmarket.org/

  Reply to sender --  Reply to list--  Back to top