Lisa—

It would be best to contact a good mechanical engineer **with significant experience with museum systems.** There are lots of things you could do, many of them with consequences that are difficult to predict without lots of analysis. Jumping into a system with humidification can be particularly problematic as too much humidity may damage the building if not handled properly.

In any case, it is certainly better to get a new system rather than repairing the old as the control systems are much more sophisticated, perhaps making it easier to add other controls in the future.

It is hard to be much more specific without knowing more about your current setup.

Guy