Hi Audrey,

A few things you might try:

  1. Getting your Chief Executive Office to meet them informally as a group to thank them all.

  1. Let it be known that you would be happy to provide them a good references when they seek paid employment.

  1. Encouraging them to sign up for any in house training courses you may be running, which are of relevance and/or interest to them. This can be “win win” i.e. they get useful training that they might otherwise have to pay cash for as well as helping to fill vacant spaces on courses that are being run anyway.

  1. If you don’t already do it, consider setting up a Volunteers newsletter where they can talk about their experiences and make sure you circulate it widely within your organisation, whether in printed or electronic format. Just giving volunteers a “voice” is a reward!

Hope that’s some help.

Best Wishes,

Jerry Symonds

Snr Internal Auditor