If a particular volunteer or group of volunteers has been doing some great work for us, we like to mention them and the project in our volunteer newsletter which goes out to all of our volunteers and staff. Most of the time, they just like to know that their hard work has been noticed and appreciated. I also try to send out a thank you note to each volunteer that worked at one of our special events, since I don't always see all of them.

From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Gayou, Audrey Marie
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2012 1:42 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Honoring Volunteers

We have a wonderful group of volunteers that have been doing some amazing work for us lately.  We want to honor them in some way, but are trying to think of things to do that don't just involve buying everyone lunch one day.  What does everyone do for their volunteers to let them know how much they are appreciated?

Audrey Gayou
Collections Manager
University of Missouri Museum of Anthropology