Hello Museum List!

I have a friend who works for a small non-profit organization, which has a generous donor hoping to give a collection of "Rare African Taxidermied Specimens".  I don't have any details from her, and have advised that she seek all the documentation, and perhaps check in with the governing agencies that document and assess such specimens before accepting the donation into her organization's possession.

I write to our list to find if there might be any interest in the museum community in potentially purchasing such specimens (given they are appropriately documented, of course).  Does anyone know of museums that purchase already-taxidermied specimens?  Or have any experience with such matters?

Thanks for all your collective wisdom!

lauren b. allen
u of pittsburgh ctr for learning in out of school environments