I will say when we had Ghost Hunters, we told them very very little, especially the sensitive information about a death that occurred on site. They did end up focusing on a couple areas that they were not pointed to but that had been rumored to have ghosts beforehand, but keep in mind they are likely googling to find various legends, stories, guest images. They had two tense moments on film that we knew were because of a squirrel and a deaf cat, we found it hilarious that they were on film as being played like they were ghosts. Literally they said no living thing was present and our deaf cat yowled, and it was not edited out.

I will advise, that if you are filming clean you floors and cobwebs and such, the dirt shows up on TV when  they do the spooky foot step re-shoots.
Also, you will get an influx of people for about a year after, which is the best reason to do it.