From: Jerrie Clarke <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, August 8, 2012 2:03 AM
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Registrar needed for excavation team in Egypt.....

I've been working for several seasons at Abydos, Egypt but it's doubtful that I can go this winter.  My director, Dr. Matthew D. Adams of NYU Institute of Fine Arts, and I are both serious about having someone trained in collection management and reliable take over for me.  The season is usually mid-January through March.  You'll be documenting daily finds, packing for storage, and refining storage organization.  If you are interested, have the skills, and can commit to the entire season, please write to me in the next couple of days.  The paper work has to be sent to Egypt in the next couple of weeks, months before we leave, and it cannot be changed once it has been sent.  Please don't change the subject line or I may not realize you are responding to my post.

Abydos is 300 miles south of Cairo where the very first pharaohs ruled and were buried.  It's very interesting, and, though the team varies from season to season, Dr. Adams seems to be able to find interesting, fun people.

Feel free to write with questions.  If you are seriously interested, please send a resume or cv.  I'll screen them then send them on to Dr. Adams.

Jerrie

Jerrie Clarke
Senior Collection Manager
Penn-Yale-IFA Mission to Abydos