perhaps you might consult with your institution lawyer?
a quick web search re Texas law does not seem to be helpful.

Best wishes, Barbara, retired librarian

-----Original Message-----
From: Lawrence, Rena <[log in to unmask]>
To: MUSEUM-L <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thu, Aug 9, 2012 3:09 pm
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Children without adults in museums

Esteemed Museum Colleagues,

Do you have written policies governing whether children are allowed to enter
your facility without adults?  What ages are governed?  Please share policies if
you have them or share thoughts if you don't.  Thanks in advance!  (I don't mean
planned programs like museum schools or summer camps--I mean general admission).

Rena Lawrence
Educator and Collections Manager
Log Cabin Village
Fort Worth, TX

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ .
You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one
line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message
should read "help" (without the quotes).

Museum-L" (without the quotes).