Hello all,
My name is Abby and I work for Mid-America Arts Alliance, a nonprofit arts organization. I'm emailing the listserv today because we have two last-minute openings on the tour schedule for one of our new traveling exhibitions. The show is called "Say it With Snap!": Motivating Workers by Design, 1923-1929 and it features large-scale work place posters from the 1920s. We are offering a significant discount on the rental fee for either of the first two tour slots (9/1/12 - 10/20/12 or 11/10/12 - 1/7/13). If you're looking for an exhibition for fall or early winter, please let me know.

The exhibition is part of Mid-America Arts Alliance's ExhibitsUSA (www.eusa.org<http://www.eusa.org/>) program, which tours innovative yet affordable museum-quality arts and humanities exhibitions nationwide. "Say it With Snap" features 48 work place posters from Chicago-based Mather & Company. Their catchy slogans and colorful graphics were designed to cajole and coax employees to perform at their best. The exhibition surveys the visual strategies and thinking behind the posters, and shows how the direction of the graphic messages changed over time.

Certainly visual communication continues to play a role in employee motivation and productivity in our media-driven age, as witnessed in the ironic messages conveyed through the "demotivational" posters by Despair.com. We've recently added a small collection of contemporary posters to the exhibit, which explore some of today's motivational graphics. These will be paired with Mather creations to help modern audiences understand how some familiar motifs have changed or stayed consistent over time. In addition, we've also added two adult interactives: a "create your own poster" activity and a Mather & Company Sales Catalog Flipbook. Programming support will include ideas for linking the exhibition with issues relevant to the modern workday culture, as well as ideas for non-traditional educational programs, such as local job fairs and resume-writing workshops.

To learn more about the exhibition, visit www.eusa.org/sayitwithsnap<http://www.eusa.org/sayitwithsnap>. And to view a brief curatorial video, visit www.eusa.org/snapvideo<http://www.eusa.org/snapvideo>. "Say it with Snap!" will begin touring in fall 2012 and is available for bookings through 2015.

Please let me know if you have any questions or would like more information. Thank you!

Sincerely,
Abby Van Ness

Program Communications Manager
Mid-America Arts Alliance