Hello,

Today while working in PastPerfect, we came across an issue involving a
glitch with the re-use of catalog numbers. Starting back in 2005 catalog
records were added to PP using our three number system, i.e 2005.01.01 and
then de-accessioned. Today it came to our attention that catalog numbers
that were de-accessioned were available to be re-used for new incoming
accessions due to a glitch in the program. This glitch has been occurring
since 2005 and has resulted in the re-use of many numbers. We just wanted
to make people in the museum community aware of this glitch so they can
check their PP files to ensure that they are not accidentally re-using
catalog numbers that they have already de-accessioned. We have made PP
aware of this issue and they are working to resolve the issue.

--
Jenna Toppert
Inventory Processing Technician