We are in an historic building where a freight elevator was added on. It acts as both the passenger and freight elevator. It is also used for everything from art, furniture, food, facilities maintenance supplies, construction materials and even garbage. So a lot is being asked of it. It's not the best situation but we have to work with it. The flooring is the standard slightly-raised hatched metal surface which causes vibrations when transporting art and is very loud. We'd like to reduce both. Has anyone else solved this problem? Are there good mats which don't add much height to the surface? We don't want to introduce a tripping hazard or any obstacle for wheelchairs. Our elevator's inside dimensions are 9 feet x 13 feet.

Thank you,
Michelle

Michelle Gallagher Roberts

Chief Registrar