Dear Michelle,

I would consider finding some kind of thin, soft carpeting or rugs. Lay
them out over almost the whole floor surface, stopping short a little
ways short of the elevator entrance(s) (8 inches to a foot).

Then lay down 1/8 inch thickness tempered masonite over top of the rugs.
Tape all the seams with duct or gaffer's heavy duty tape. At the
elevator entrance(s) you flex the masonite down to the edges and tape it
so you have a  smooth transition of wheelchairs, hand trucks, etc.

The rugs will dampen the vibration and the masonite will provide a
smooth, bu not slippy surface. The  masonite won't last forever, but is
cheap enough to replace as needed.

Good luck!

Larry List