Hello wise list,
In the museum I work for we have great examples of artist-made, crafted
wooden spoons and serving forks in our collection. The Chief Curator has
expressed an interest having limited edition metal (likely silver)
tableware made to sell in our store, based on these wood examples. There
are no heirs of the original artist (that we've found so far), nor would it
be a derivative piece, rather it would be based on the pieces in the
collection.

Could we 1. invite artists to produce a series based on these wood
originals and 2. sell these in our store?

Thanks,
Nicole

--
nicole nathan | principal

claret associates | exhibition and collections management
Portland, Oregon
503 490 8971

claretassociates.net
@ClaretAssoc
chair | registrars committee | western region rcwr.org