We have several historic sites/structures we care for and the photographic documentation of the restoration work is quite important to us. Although we don’t accession or individually catalog these photos, we do treat them as archival and they are considered part of our institutional archives. They are also referenced fairly regularly. For the printed photos and negatives, we store those in archival document boxes in our archives. In recent years all the documentation has been done with digital photography and those we just keep electronic copies of. They are organized by site in folders and stored on our server (which is backed up regularly).

Cristin J. Waterbury

Curator

National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium

A Property of the Dubuque County Historical Society

350 East 3rd Street

Dubuque, Iowa 52001

Ph: 563-557-9545, ext 204

Fax:  563-583-1241