Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone can advise me on creating policies for commercial filming at their site. Does anyone have policies for commercial filming set in place at their site that I may look at? The organization I work for is constantly bombarded by production companies wanting to film at our historic houses or uses objects in our collection. My director tends to shy away and say "no," to commercial filming, but we have recently received a very persistent (and well funded) production group who would like to use areas in our house for scenes in a movie. Our main worry, of course, is the safety of our collection and the integrity of our historic house, but this production company is willing to work with us on restriction and use of our house and collection. Can anyone advise me on this particular subject? I need to write restriction policies on food, lighting, movie equipment, handling museum objects, and more! Please help.

Thanks
EmdS

Elena D Sanderlin
Museum Registrar
Hermann-Grima + Gallier Historic House Museums
820 Saint Louis Street
New Orleans, Louisiana 70112