Hi there

Here at Valence House we have a fantastic team of volunteers who help us
out in a variety of ways - with school children during our education
visits, as welcome hosts in the Museum, researchers, fundraisers, cake
bakers, event staff etc.

As part of their continued development, and also as a thank you for
their continuing dedication and hard work, we organise a series of
lectures on various topics that they can attend and also arrange visits
to other Museums, historic houses and archives, where they can see
behind the scenes, learn how things are done in other places, and talk
to other volunteers.

Last year our volunteers visited Epping Forest District Museum and the
City of Westminster Archives Centre, which they enjoyed immensely.  The
visit to Westminster Archives also resulted in some of our volunteers
receiving free paper conservation training, which they are able to use
in the work with our collections.

My question to you is - can anyone recommend a good venue to visit next,
in the London / Essex area?  Or perhaps you would like to offer your
venue for us to visit?

Valence House comprises museum, archives and local studies, and is based
within a medieval manor house.  We have landscaped grounds containing a
traditional fruit orchard, herb garden and WWII vegetable garden and
Anderson shelter.  We would, of course, be happy to return the offer.

Many thanks in advance,

Leeanne Westwood | Museum Curator, Heritage Services

Valence House Museum | London Borough of Barking and Dagenham |
Becontree Avenue | Dagenham | RM8 3HT

Phone: 020 8227 5222

Email: [log in to unmask] | Web: www.barking-dagenham.gov.uk

Facebook: www.facebook.com/barkinganddagenham | Twitter:
http://twitter.com/lbbdcouncil

Building a better life for all

Host Borough for the London 2012 Games

P Protect the environment and save trees; please only print

.

E-mail confidentiality notice.  This message is intended for the addressees only.  It may be private, confidential and may be covered by legal professional privilege or other confidentiality requirements.  If you are not one of the intended recipients, please notify the sender immediately on +44 0 20-8215-3000 and delete the message from all locations in your computer network.  Do not copy this email or use it for any purpose or disclose its contents to any person:to do so maybe unlawful.