Hello all,

Our Museum has just undergone an extensive electrical re-wiring in the gallery, which is a 1940s era factory building with wiring that had never before been updated.  We have overall ambient light installed, but are looking to add spotlights and floods so that we can have proper illumination.  We display vehicles, so most of our objects are rather large.  The staff is having trouble convincing the board to buy a large quantity of lights (also dickering about the quality).

Can anyone on here share some of your museums’ lighting standards/goals?  I’d love to get some peer response on this to back up the staff choices.  Also would appreciate hearing from those who exhibit rather large objects and just how much light is really necessary to properly illuminate your artifacts.

Many thanks!

Kendra Cook

Curator

Boyertown Museum of Historic Vehicles