From: Tod Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>
To: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] iPod Touch Audio Tour Hardware Question

Here's an app/hack for disabling the home button on iPhone.  Should work for iPod Touch.   Apple does not condone or support disabling of the Home button.  It's actually specifically forbidden by the iOS guidelines.

http://igrudge.net/how-to-disable-the-home-button-on-ios-devices-iphoneipad/

You might want to check out TourSphere if you are even considering upgrading your tour.  They also resell iPod Touch rack assemblies and accessories to support their tour product.

Many companies sell home button covers or complete cases.  "Otterbox" is probably the best known.  There are also very simple covers marketed specifically to protect the Home button from little children - papercliprobot.com and bubcap.com for instance.

Cheers,
               tod

Tod Hopkins
Hillmann & Carr Inc.