I'm currently working with a small museum in helping them set up their exhibit for the next summer season. The exhibit focuses on textiles from their (expansive) textile collection. We have these Native American pieces with some really beautiful and intricate bead work, but the problem is that there is no record of which tribe they came from (if any).  I already have the local historical attachment for them, but I would really like to have some information regarding their origins. The only information I was given was that they may have been from either Nebraska or Kansas.

I really have no idea where to start for this research. I'm not too familiar with bead work or textile history, so I don't even know which direction I should be heading.

I wish I could include some jpeg images of the textiles, but the listserv will reject it. I was hoping someone might know of an online resource I could use to help with identification.

Thanks!