Dear Listers –

Once again I am appealing to the vast expertise of the list. I am hoping to get in touch with people from non-collecting museums for some advice on creating large-scale, permanent exhibitions that incorporate loaned objects from other museums, institutions or individuals. I have some questions about moving from conceptual design to actual implementation of the exhibit, including how objects for loan were identified, along with some very nuts-and-bolts collections management and registration questions.

Please contact me off-list (email and phone are below) if you are willing to share your experiences with this kind of exhibition. Thanks in advance!

aloha

~Liz

Liz N. Clevenger, MA, RPA

Curator of Archaeology

(415) 561-5086

Presidio Archaeology Lab  |  http://www.presidio.gov/about/archaeology/Pages/Archaeology.aspx |  (415) 561-ARCH info  |  (415) 561-5089 fax

The Presidio Trust  |  P.O. Box 29052, San Francisco, CA 94129