Dear Colleagues:

PLEASE FOLLOW OUR MUSEUM ON TWITTER for all the important museum & heritage news from the greater MENA region (the Middle East and North Africa, from the Western Sahara to Afghanistan) and the Mediterranean region (Greece, Italy, and the islands).  Also provided is information on new museum building projects, international exhibitions, as well as links to superb educational materials on the MENA region.

I survey the Arabic, Persian, and Turkish news sources and 'tweet' important museum issues within 24-48 hours, such as the following:
Egypt is in the midst of a continuing looting & plundering crisis since the anti-Mubarak uprising:
5,697 sites plundered, 1,467 cases of illicit antiquities trading, 130 antiquities smuggling cases, 35 killed + 10 others buried alive while illicitly digging: http://bit.ly/JaTP0q

Our colleagues are quite isolated, especially in these difficult times, yet make heroic efforts to preserve cultural heritage.  Cordially,

Dr. Linda Ellis
Senior Curator, University Museum
Professor, Museum Studies Program
Founder & Director [1987-2011]