Hello All,

Our small photo archive will be relocating to a new building and we will be moving two cold storage refrigerators and their contents (primarily negatives).  In years past our consulting photo conservator was very specific about the negatives from cold storage being moved in Styrofoam coolers.  For obvious environmental reasons I am opposed to using many Styrofoam coolers.  Are plastic coolers (such as Igloos) just as good at the Styrofoam?

Also, we are currently in San Francisco and will be relocating to another San Francisco location – does anybody have any recommendation for vendors who are experienced with moving cold storage collections and may supply the materials necessary for the move?

Regards,

Jaime Henderson