What would aviation look like today if the Confederates had managed to build a flying aircraft during the civil war in the 1860s?

National Geographic's documentary "Confederate Flying Machine" which airs next week on May 10th at 8pm investigates the possibility, and the crazy people at Mad Systems were lucky enough to get an opportunity to do the research and build the craft...

We will be publishing behind-the-scenes stories and videos on our website and on facebook, and there will be a live twitter feed during the show #confederateflyingmachine