This is a really exciting opportunity that would be ideal for someone with
living history experience looking for a new challenge in a great
community.   See the attached the position announcement and additional
information about the Museum, the position, and the City is available at:
http://www.cityofshawnee.org/WEB/ShawneeCMS.nsf/vwContent/MuseumDirector?OpenDocument
 and  http://www.shawneetown.org/.

The museum staff  has made significant progress over the past few years in
meeting the objectives set out in their Strategic Plan adopted in
2004--with great community support and the leadership of Museum Director
Gay Clemenson, who is retiring this month.  Now, the Plan has been updated
and priorities established for the next few years, providing a great
foundation for the next Museum Director to build upon.

I hope you will share this announcement with qualified colleagues you know.
Or, if you want to forward names to me to call/recruit, that would also be
appreciated.

Note: Deadline for applications is April 30th.

Let me know if you have questions?

I appreciate your help in spreading the word!   Thank you!

Jean Svadlenak

Museum Consultant

624 Romany Road

Kansas City, Missouri  64113-2037

(816)361-5639

“Artifacts are the touchstones that bring memories and meaning to life.”

From “Looking at Artifacts, Thinking About History” by Steven Lubar and
Kathleen Kendrick