Greetings friends,

At AAM in a couple of weeks, some colleagues and I are sharing our experiences utilizing social media to engage student populations as part of museum education programming. As we finalize our session, I’d love to hear from the amazing and thoughtful professionals in this group. Ideally, I’d like to start a conversation that continues at AAM and beyond about the role of social media, specifically in Education programming. I’d be grateful for any thoughts, experiences, concerns, etc… you have about the following:

·         What sorts of social media have you used in your education programming?

·         What successes have you had integrating social media into education programming?

·         What roadblocks have you encountered?

·         How do social media efforts in education differ from/ expand upon museum wide social media efforts?

·         What questions (philosophical, ethical, etc…) refuse to be quieted when you think about social media and museum education?

·         What concerns do you have about the use of social media with Museum Ed programming?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts, questions, and responses, and look forward to seeing some of you in MN.

Thank you,

Anthony Pennay

Director of the Walter and Leonore Annenberg Presidential Learning Center

The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation

40 Presidential Drive, Simi Valley, California 93065

T: (805) 577-4156

F: (805) 577-4094

www.reaganfoundation.org/education

This e-mail transmission contains information intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. Further, it contains information that may be privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message (including any attachments) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your mail system. Thank you for your compliance.