I have a history student as an exhibit intern this semester. He's really sharp with building mounts and handling artwork. He's a great asset to have for a few months. Last semester, he didn't know he wanted to work in a museum, but in the three months he's been working here, he knows that's what he wants to do. He didn't even know building exhibitions was a career option. So this internship is shaping his life, and adding a good professional to our field.

I've turned down interns who I thought would be black hole of staff time. But if a student is professional, and has good follow-up, I'll take a risk on them.

Daniel