A love of history/art is a great start, but cannot be all that an intern
brings. They also have to help you accomplish something while learning.
Basic computer skills are not a hefty requirement, these days 11 and 12
year olds can type and know how to use basic computer functions and
concepts. Even if you do have an intern with exceptional computer skills,
they have to learn the hows and whys of YOUR museum. The last thing you
want is an intern who decides to do database entries in their own way.

Internships carry a balance of teaching skills and giving realistic
expectations. We don't necessarily want to crush their dreams, but some
dreams are fairy tales and a dose of realism is a good thing.

I have worked with and trained many many interns, and at their core, no
matter what they know coming in, what made the difference and made me love
some and want to strangle others, was the willingness to learn the hows and
whys, the willingness to ask questions, and the willingness to do it right
the first time, as instructed (so I don't have to go back and re-inventory
thousands of artifacts where they failed to actually look IN the boxes when
checking off that artifacts were there... note: I was not the supervisor of
THOSE interns)