Librarian for the New Mexico Museum of Art

Do you believe a museum’s library is a resource just waiting to be activated?  Do you have imaginative ideas for moving museum libraries into the 21st century?  Are you a people person?  If so, the New Mexico Museum of Art is looking for you.  We are currently looking to appoint a librarian/webmaster to oversee the Museum’s library of art related works and archive of artists’ letters and other ephemera, and to take the lead in ensuring our website is up to date and an information resource for potential visitors and art lovers.  We are looking for someone who will ensure the library becomes a well used resource by staff, researchers and members of the public; who will contribute imaginative suggestions for the integration of the library into the life of the museum, and who will build upon and expand our knowledgeable and enthusiastic library volunteers.

The position’s responsibilities are to:

-Provide research support for staff, docents, and members of the public.

-Manage library and archives which includes enhancing library collections.

-Manage information resources using Information Technology.

-Undertake research for exhibitions and collections.

-Contribute to the learning experience of our visitors by advising on support materials for the gallery.

-Manage media for the museum:  Website, e-blasts, on-line resources, e-invites and e-newsletters.

-Provide technical assistance to docents, staff, and curators

Full time, permanent position

You can find it on the State Personnel website (http://www.spo.state.nm.us/), please search for position #4526.

Bus Unit

Job ID