Southern Cultures has just expanded our online archive of material dedicated to the Civil War, which now incorporates the first special issue we devoted to the War, as well as more vintage material that includes:

an interview with Tony Horwitz;

Peter Coclanis with an economic perspective on the War;

Drew Gilpin Faust’s famous “Equine Relics of the Civil War”;

Stephen Berry’s “When Mail Was Armor: Envelopes of the Great Rebellion”

and much more.

In addition, next year we will publish a new special issue, “Remembering the Civil War,” for which we are now accepting submissions from scholars of public history and other fields.

Over 60,000 people annually read Southern Cultures in print, online, and through eBooks, including scholars and students of American studies, literature, public history, religion, pop culture, sociology, women & gender, folklore, film, and many other subjects. To browse our newly expanded archive of essays and features on the Civil War, please visit:

http://www.southerncultures.org/content/read/read_by_subject/civil_war/

To read our first special issue on the Civil War, please visit:
http://www.southerncultures.org/content/read/table_of_contents_by_issue/winter_96/

To read the latest issue and for information about submissions, please visit:

www.southerncultures.org

Thank you.

Best,

Dave Shaw

Executive Editor, Southern Cultures

UNC's Center for the Study of the American South

CB# 9127, UNC-CH

Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599-9127

www.SouthernCultures.org

“The rich array of photographs and graphics,
and the sincere and effective attempt at readerly appeal,
go well beyond what is attempted by most. . .
Southern Cultures is truly impressive.”
Council of Editors of Learned Journals