From: Emily Apple <[log in to unmask]>
To: MUSEUM-L <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Mon, Feb 20, 2012 12:35 pm
Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] looking for images of rare books

Maybe give the Library of Congress a shout? Otherwise, some British libraries might be good resources. Good luck!

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Cristin Waterbury <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
This is a bit of a long shot, but I’m hoping someone on this list might provide me with some suggestions. For an upcoming exhibit, I’m looking for images of rare books. Specifically, I’m interested in 18th century political science books (pre 1810) that are written in French. (i.e. Montesquieu and similar works) I don’t need the books themselves, I just want to see what they looked like, especially the spines. I’m wondering if perhaps there’s a rare book repository out there that has some expertise in this area that might be able to help me out.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thank you,

Cristin J. Waterbury
Curator
National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium
A Property of the Dubuque County Historical Society
350 East 3rd Street
Dubuque, Iowa 52001

--
Emily M. Apple
(c) 269-615-8902

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts."  Winston Churchill