Personal income tax deductions and use percentage doesn't address the
question.

Good point concerning the Freedom of Information Act and the use of your
personal phone. In addition, from a business liability point of view, your
use of a personal phone for business conversations or data exchange (email)
could make these records available via discovery.

As for the actual question, if your assigned task (one for which you will
be evaluated), requires that you have a "smart phone" to accomplish it you
should be able to justify such a request. Other staff use of their phones
 for email is immaterial to the question. The inconvenience of having two
phones is also immaterial. If you need the smart phone for museum business
reasons then that is why you have that phone. Not for your convenience.

Regards Paul

--
Norman *Paul* Stromdahl
Curator, Chief of Exhibits

217 558 3845 (W)
206 251 6354 (M)

http://www.linkedin.com/in/npscreates

Be paperwise and print only if necessary:)
This email may contain confidential information that is legally privileged.
It may contain information and as correspondence be governed by the laws of
the State of Illinois. If you are not the addressee indicated in this
message, you may not distribute, copy or otherwise use the information
herein. If you have received this email in error, kindly notify the sender
by reply email and destroy it.
Thank you