Hi Levon -

Go to this link:
http://home.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?A0=MUSEUM-L

Cheers!
Dave

David Harvey
Senior Conservator and Museum Consultant

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 12:14 PM, Levon Williams <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Thank you very much for your help Dave.

I hear the "Museum-L archives" mentioned a lot.  How do I access them?

-Levon.

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 1:30 PM, David Harvey <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Levon - You need to have a filming and photography policy. Most film and television production companies will have a standard location agreement contract that they'll give you. You will simply need to add your policy as an addendum to that.

Among the considerations are extra security and staff time (ALL filming in areas with collections should be monitored by a member of your staff). Your staff member should have control over any and all issues that impact the collections and historic fabric of the site. You also need to restrict the use of gaffer's tape on sensitive architectural surfaces and also the use of fog machines (those usually produce a fine aerosol of oil in the air that gets all over everything - the biggest concern are historic and art objects). And restricting food to designated areas away from collections and exhibits. You need to determine if you can only allow filming on days you are closed or if the filming will necessitate closing on the days you are open.

This has come up before on here so perhaps do a search in the Museum-L archives to look at former postings.

Cheers!
Dave

David Harvey
Senior Conservator and Museum Consultant
Los Angeles CA