Sometimes there are machines that are something like an ultrasound for
safes and you can see inside, including the lock parts, so you may be able
to see a release or something to pop it open. Otherwise, great suggestions
from Elaine - also check the bottom for any removal parts? Since it's
older, it may have some small bottom parts which could be removed... Not
sure what that might accomplish, but it's an idea, and they often turn into
better ideas. :)

Also, here are some Yahoo answers I found that might be helpful!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070620123826AAULy9T

Here is Yale's website, if you'd like to try contacting them. They must get
lots of requests related to this!

http://www.yalelock.com/en/yale/com/About-Yale/History-of-Yale/

Good luck!