Another option would be to use Velcro.  Stick the soft side to the panel in
all four corners and staple gun the rough side to the wall in the
appropriate locations.  Don't use the adhesive on the wall since the
adhesive usually sticks too well and damages the walls.

Stacie

On Monday, February 6, 2012, Candace Perry <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
> We use artists’ tape, which generally sticks very well, and for the
longer term, but sometimes needs to be replaced now and then.

> Candace Perry
>

> ________________________________

Behalf Of Meg Justus
> Sent: Monday, February 06, 2012 12:55 PM
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: [MUSEUM-L] another adhesive question
>

> Speaking of adhesives, I have a completely different kind of adhesive
question to ask of the exhibit folks here.

> What do you use to hold foam core panels to a painted wooden surface
(wall)?  These are temporary exhibits, if being put up for a year and then
taken down to be re-used again at some point in the future can be
considered temporary.

> Mostly what I've tried are the various 3M products (including the dots
and strips of foam doublesided tape and the blue play-doh-like stuff sold
for mounting posters), and none of them stay up reliably.  Whatever we use
needs to be inexpensive.