We use artists’ tape, which generally sticks very well, and for the longer term, but sometimes needs to be replaced now and then.

Candace Perry

From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Meg Justus
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2012 12:55 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] another adhesive question

Speaking of adhesives, I have a completely different kind of adhesive question to ask of the exhibit folks here.

What do you use to hold foam core panels to a painted wooden surface (wall)?  These are temporary exhibits, if being put up for a year and then taken down to be re-used again at some point in the future can be considered temporary.

Mostly what I've tried are the various 3M products (including the dots and strips of foam doublesided tape and the blue play-doh-like stuff sold for mounting posters), and none of them stay up reliably.  Whatever we use needs to be inexpensive.

Does anyone have any better ideas?

Meg Justus

independent curator