          From: bessie lee <[log in to unmask]>
          Subject: have you either been or hired a guest curator?
          To: [log in to unmask]
          Date: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 10:34 AM

          Dear all,

          I'm new to this listserv.  If anyone out there has either been or hired a guest curator,  I would really appreciate your advice/ feedback on estimating a fee to curate a small exhibit (820 sq ft) on history & public space with photographs, text, and short video -- no objects.

          I'm based in a major metropolitan area on the east coast (not  NYC).  The local American Institute of Architecture chapter is very interested in my exhibit idea for their gallery space on a prominent, heavily trafficked downtown street.

          We've agreed I would submit a proposal for my fee to cover about 3 months of work (less than full time) to develop and design the exhibit -- panels and video.   I would work with the gallery manager to actually layout 24 panels ( 30" x 42" ) on a software package he uses, and he would be responsible for fabricating.  We would mount the exhibit together.  The final exhibit will be up for 2-3 months.

          Thank you in advance for any suggestions, guidance you can offer on a range for my fee, excluding reproduction rights for photos.

          Bessie Lee