Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: FOUO

Karen,
The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation's DeWitt Wallace Decorative Arts Museum
has an exhibit entitled 'Conservation: Where Art and Science Meet"
Here is the description from the website
(http://www.history.org/history/museums/dewitt_gallery_current.cfm):
"This exhibition presents a different way of looking at museum objects.
Visitors will discover what is harmful to objects and what preserves them.
Before an object is shown, conservators investigate each piece with a variety
of fascinating techniques to understand the object and ensure its preservation
for the future. This exhibition was made possible in part by:  The Stone
Family Fund, Los Angeles, Calif., and The Friends of Heritage Preservation,
Los Angeles, Calif. Through September 3, 2012."
I have not visited the exhibit yet but I heard Emily Williams speak on it at
the Society for Historical Archaeology Conference last month and it sounded
great.
Hope this is helpful.

Amanda

Amanda Vtipil
Curator, Regional Archaeological Curation Facility
Contractor (Versar, Inc.)
DPW-EMO, Fort Lee, VA
804.734.4436
http://www.lee.army.mil/dpw/emd/cultural.resources.aspx