Duraco, Inc., makes the perfect two-sided foam tape: 'Remo 1' is removable
on one side & permanent on the other, 'Remo 2' is removable on two sides.
The tape adheres very well. It can be purchases in various thicknesses,
including on 1' cubes of hard foam. I buy it in a large roll, scored into
1" x 1/2" pieces.
http://www.duracoinc.com/remo-two-pieces-roll
This excellent material has to be ordered from the company, and is not
found locally in stores.      --Susan