The Custom House Maritime Museum organized a great regional collaborative
effort last July with *Sentinels on the Sound: A Celebration of New
London's Lighthouse
Heritage*<http://www.nlmaritimesociety.org/2011LighthouseWeekend.html>.
The museum had just adopted a lighthouse and wanted to garner some
attention for it (& lighthouse preservation) with a symposium, tours, and
other special events. The link shows how events (& partners) lined up,
overwhelming--we could not handle it.   --Susan