Cherie,

I'm not sure if you are looking for current collaborations or a general best practices model, but you might check out AAM's Museums in the Life of a Community; Strategies for Community Partnerships (1995).  As for current collaborations, the Museum of Chinese in America (NYC) has been a model of community collaborations since its inception; also The Revolving Museum in Lowell, Massachusetts is heavily involved with the youth community, public art displays, and collaborations with other local organizations and institutions.

Hope that helps,

Robin Westervelt
Education Curator
Hoboken Historical Museum