Sarah -

The parameters of adding humidification to an existing system depend on many factors - the space(s) to be humidified and what the appropriate RH ranges are (the humidification needs for a museum in the southwest would differ greatly from Maine or Seattle). Much depends on the collections involved and also on the limits of the space(s) and engineering of the existing HVAC system.

To get specifics you really should bring in a consulting conservator or museum environmental engineer. Many vendors will try to oversell you a system beyond your needs and a system that hasn't been carefully assessed may not be able to do the job.

Cheers!
Dave

David Harvey
Senior Conservator and Museum Consultant