From: Tracy Puklowski <[log in to unmask]>
To: MUSEUM-L <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wed, Jan 11, 2012 2:53 pm
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Protocols/guidelines for collection store seismic safety

Hello listers

As a result of recent seismic activity in New Zealand, we are updating our protocols/guidelines to ensure that our collection stores are kept in as safe a state as possible at all times. A great deal of this is simply good housekeeping - i.e., always return compactor shelving to one end to prevent movement.

Does anyone out there - particualrly anyone in an earthquake-prone area - have an existing set of protocols they would be willing to share?

Kind regards

Tracy Puklowski
Senior Operations Manager
Collections and Research
Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa
DDI
: 04 381 7121
Mob: 029 601 0380

Visit the Te Papa website http://www.tepapa.govt.nz
The email message together with the accompanying attachments may be CONFIDENTIAL. If you have received this message in error, please notify [log in to unmask] immediately and delete the original message. The views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be views of Te Papa.  Te Papa employs strict virus checking measures and accepts no liability for any loss caused either directly or indirectly by a virus arising from the use of this message or any attached file.