Greetings Listers!

I work for one of  Maryland's 12 state-certified heritage areas, the Heart of Chesapeake Country, in Dorchester County on the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay. It is the birthplace of Harriet Tubman - slave, abolitionist, Union spy, and humanitarian.

Our office, in partnership with the state and local stakeholders, is developing a tourism infrastructure from scratch. We have a 125-mile National Scenic Byway (All American Road, actually), the Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad Byway, that connects about 27 sites associated with Tubman and the Underground Railroad. We are currently working on a marker system for the sites and are gearing up to hire consultants to develop an audio tour.

I have followed numerous audio tours over the years, but never one in an automobile. It seems to me, that this requires a particular skill in captivating, but not distracting, a driver and passengers. It is my hope that someone on the list might have some experience with this sort of thing and might be able to offer advice, a sample RFP, or names of consulting companies they have worked with. Feel free to reply off-list to: [log in to unmask].

Thank you,
Ceres Bainbridge
Project Manager
Heart of Chesapeake Country Heritage Area
www.tourchesapeakecountry.com

"We are all star stuff." Carl Sagan