From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lisa Chastain
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2012 11:31 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Music in exhibits

Listers,

My director has put to me a request for 'regional music' in all of our exhibits. Now, as I curator I balked at the idea of breaking themes of my galleries with random music that has nothing to do with the exhibit ie. A military exhibit or a doctors exhibit. I was wondering of your opinions concerning music in galleries/exhibits, do you have music, have you rejected the idea and why?

Any opinions would be helpful!

Thank you!

Lisa
Curator of Collections and Exhibits