I am not a textile conservator but based upon my environmental experience, sterilite boxes do not seal tightly. This can be good or bad. The boxes will not trap harmful vapors but they won't fully keep out undesirables. They will not prevent seasonal RH fluctuations but they will even out short term ones. On the balance they seem like a reasonable alternative.

Marc Williams

American Conservation Consortium

Sent from my iPhone