Hello All,

My institution is in possession of a wood map cabinet that includes maps
of the city of San Francisco, including all the water lines.  Originally
the maps were used to help CDD (City Distribution Division) workers find
their way around San Francisco.  I am not sure when the CDD began using
the maps, but they were probably in use until the early-1980s.  The maps
lie horizontally in the cabinet and pull out much like a retractable
window shade. The case measures 29 inches deep, 35.5 inches in height
and 63.5 inches in width.  My institution no longer has a use for either
the cabinet or the maps and is willing to donate it to any local San
Francisco or Bay Area archive, museum or library that might be
interested.

Please contact me at [log in to unmask] if you are interested or
have any questions.

Thanks!

Jaime Henderson

Photo Librarian