I would suggest Google Sketch Up (http://sketchup.google.com/). It is a
great program for simple floor plans or you can even do 3D versions. It
takes some playing around to get used to it but it is a nice program that
is not as complicated as autoCAD but has more depth than other programs.
Plus its free and you can pull already made elements from its database.

Stephen Ast