Hi Megan,

I'd suggest speaking to conservators with some of the maritime museums who have experience in this field. You may wish to talk to the Monitor Center at the Mariner's Museum in Virginia or contact other members of CAMM (Council of American Maritime Museums). Here's a link to the member institutions list: http://www.councilofamericanmaritimemuseums.org/pages/Meet-Our-Members.html

Good luck!

Larry Fisher
Planner, Designer, Imagineer
for Museums and Cultural Organizations